|Title||Maternity and Women's Health Care|
|Main Author||By Deitra Leonard|
|Product Dimensions||10.7 x 8.4 x 1.5 inches|
· Expert authors of the market-leading maternity nursing textbook deliver the most accurate, up-to-date content.
· Clinical reasoning case studies provide you with opportunities to test and develop your analytical skills and to apply knowledge in various settings.
· Community Activity boxes focus on maternal and newborn activities that can be pursued in local community settings and illustrate nursing care in a variety of settings.
· Cultural Considerations stress the importance of considering the beliefs and health practices of patients from various cultures when providing care.
· Emergency boxes provide information about various emergency situations and offer a quick reference in critical situations.
· Family-Centered Care boxes highlight the needs and concerns of families that you should consider to provide family-centered care.
· Medication guides provide an important reference of drugs and their interactions.
· Nursing care plans include rationales for interventions and provide you with an overview of, and specific guidelines for, delivering effective nursing care.
· Safety alerts highlighted and integrated within the content draw attention to developing competencies related to safe nursing practice.
· Signs of potential complications highlight vital concerns, alerting you to signs and symptoms of complications and the immediate interventions to provide.
· Teaching for Self-Management boxes highlight important information that nurses need to communicate to patients and families for follow-up care.
· NEW! Content updates throughout give you the most current practice guidelines to promote quality care.
· Chapter 1 covers interprofessional education, accountable care organizations, and expanded content of TeamSTEPPS.
· Chapter 5 includes human trafficking and the implications on women’s health.
· Chapter 8 includes the most current forms of emergency contraception.
· Chapter 15 covers the March of Dimes initiative to eliminate elective births before 39 weeks of gestation.
· Chapter 19 covers the new maternal levels of care in the hospital setting.
· Chapter 24 will reflect the updated AAP policy on newborn circumcision.
· Chapter 25 will include the revised AAP policy on breastfeeding and infant sleep.
· NEW! Updated evidence-based practice boxes focus your attention on current research to improve patient outcomes.
· NEW! Medication alerts highlighted and integrated within the content alert you to critical drug information that you must consider to provide safe patient care.