|Title||Health Informatics, 2nd Edition|
|Main Author||By Ramona Nelson, PhD, RN-BC, ANEF, FAAN and Nancy Staggers, PhD, RN, FAAN|
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Illustrations||Approx. 1230 illustrations (1230 in full color)|
Awarded second place in the 2017 AJN Book of the Year Awards in the Information Technology category. See how information technology intersects with health care! Health Informatics: An Interprofessional Approach, 2nd Edition prepares you for success in today's technology-filled healthcare practice. Concise coverage includes information systems and applications such as electronic health records, clinical decision support, telehealth, ePatients, and social media tools, as well as system implementation. New to this edition are topics including data science and analytics, mHealth, principles of project management, and contract negotiations. Written by expert informatics educators Ramona Nelson and Nancy Staggers, this edition enhances the book that won a 2013 American Journal of Nursing Book of the Year award!
New to this Edition
By Ramona Nelson, PhD, RN-BC, ANEF, FAAN, Professor Emerita Slippery Rock University Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania President, Ramona Nelson Consulting Allison Park, Pennsylvania and Nancy Staggers, PhD, RN, FAAN, Professor, Informatics School of Nursing University of Maryland Baltimore, Maryland and Adjunct Professor, College of Nursing and Department of Biomedical Informatics University of Utah Salt Lake City, Utah
* TABLE of CONTENTS
Unit 1: Foundational Information in Health Informatics
1. Health Informatics: Introduction, Definition and Significance
2. Theoretical Foundations of Health Informatics
3. Use of Evidence Based Practice and Practice Based Evidence in Health Informatics
4. Models, Theories and Research for Program Evaluation
5. Technical Infrastructure to Support Healthcare
Unit 2: Information Systems and Applications For the Delivery of Health Care
6. Electronic Health Records and Applications for Managing Patient Care
7. Administrative Application in Healthcare
8. Telehealth and Applications for Delivering Care at a Distance
9. Home Health and Related Community Based Systems
10. Clinical Decision Support Systems in Healthcare
11. Public Health Informatics
Unit 3: Participatory Health Care Informatics
12. The Engaged ePatient
13. Social Media Tools for Practice and Education
14. Personal Health Records
15. mHealth - The Intersection of Mobile Technology and Health NEW!
Unit 4: Managing the Life Cycle of a Health Information System
16. Strategic Planning and Selecting an Information System
17. Project Management Principles for Health Informatics NEW!
18. Contract Negotiations and Software Licensing NEW!
19. Implementing and Upgrading an Information System
20. Downtime and Disaster Recovery for Health Information Systems
Unit 5: Usability, Standards, Safety and Analytics in Health Informatics
21. Improving the User Experience for Health Information Technology
22. Informatics Related Standards and Standards and Standard Setting Organizations
23. Data Science and Analytics in Healthcare NEW!
24. Patient Safety and Quality Initiatives in Health Informatics
Unit 6: Governance Structures, Legal, and Regulatory Issues in Health Informatics
25. Legal Issues, Federal Regulations, and Accreditation NEW!
26. Privacy and Security
27. The Health Information Technology for Education and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act, Meaningful Use (MU) and Medicare Access & CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA) NEW!
28. Health Policy and Informatics
29. Health Information Technology Governance
Unit 7: Education and Health Informatics
30. Informatics in the Curriculum for Healthcare Professionals
31. Distributive Education: Applications, Techniques and Issues
32. Informatics Tools for Educating Health Professionals
33. Simulation in Healthcare Education
Unit 8: International Health Informatics Efforts
34. International Efforts, Issues and Innovations
Unit 9: Exploring the Past and the Future
35. The Evolving History of Health Informatics